Jon & Kate + 8 gave me nightmares

We're back from Boston and we had a great time. Our flight came in at about 8:30 yesterday morning and we were planning on going straight home and sleeping for the rest of the morning, but on our drive back home from the airport Albert suggested going to IKEA. That sounded like a lot of fun so we went home, dropped off our stuff, and drove to Woodbridge.


We ate our free breakfast at IKEA and bought a few things, including Swedish candy. Then we went to the Potomac Mills Outlet Mall and Albert bought a cool leather jacket that was 40% off at Wilson Leather and I bought a collar shirt at United Colors of Benetton on sale for $15! We were mainly shopping for a new coverlet for our bed since the warm weather is upon us and I get too toasty at night cuddling with my boo with our duvet. We finally bought one, but when we got it home we realized that the king sized quilt was not going to work with our full sized bed so Albert exchanged it today at a TJ Max close to us.

We were really beat, but we still managed to go to Sam's Club, Wal-Mart, and pick-up pizza from Uno's before we made it home around 5:00 PM. After eating our lovely pizzas (mine gluten-free of course), Albert and I hung up our new curtains from Wal-Mart. It's still a work in progress as we realized we need another panel since our bedroom window is huge and we have to order it from walmart.com, which takes awhile.

There were a ton of advertisements for the season premiere of Jon & Kate + 8 so we made sure to tune in. It was kinda depressing actually. They are having a lot of marital problems and they didn't say that they were going to try to work it out. Both expressed their commitment for their children, but neither mentioned their commitment to their marriage. I realize that their situation is particularly difficult with being on tv and having 2 sets of multiples, but I see enough failed marriages in my everyday life, I need to see people work it out -- to know that it's possible.

From what I gather from the episode, Jon is unhappy with the celebrity that has come from their tv show and the fact that Kate has been gone a lot with her book tour/speaking engagements plus Jon may or may not have had an affair (depends on who you listen to). If the show is even partly to blame, then perhaps a break is in order to sort out the messy details off camera. It's like watching the show is perpetuating the demise of their marriage and I can't handle that.

This episode was so traumatizing to me that it gave me nightmares. I dreamt that some dude I had been dating dumped me (I don't think even my subconscious could handle Albert walking out on me), my friend's marriage was over, and my parents split up. It was so depressing. I won't be watching that show until I hear they are at least pretending to be a happy family again.

Comments

Popular Posts