Snow, hats, and friends
We've been keeping a pretty low profile lately, just chilling at home playing Phase 10. I don't enjoy the cold and try to keep out of it as much as possible.
Albert has been cooking a lot and I have some pictures I'll post later of his latest creations. Also he decided not to go into the military full-time, but to go to school to be an air traffic controller full-time instead. This way we don't have to worry so much about him being deployed (he's still in the National Guard so there's always that possibility, but not a sure thing like in the Navy).
There is a school in Baltimore that he can go to and we won't have to move or anything. The program is only 18 months so he could have a decent paying job before we know it! Depending on my job situation we'll stay here, although we haven't eliminated the possibility of moving to Jacksonville, FL as there is a school there too and it has a lower cost of living than here, plus it's warm.
Last Saturday after pilates I went with some girls I met at church to Carlyle's for a "Fabulous Hat Luncheon" put on by the fabulous Rachael. We definitely got a lot of looks from the other people in the restaurant jealous of our fabulous hats. I really do enjoy wearing hats, but rarely wear them. This made me want to wear them more often. Some of the girls had really great hats. Rach was nice enough to send me a picture of the whole group since I forgot to bring my camera. Unfortunately I had my coat and scarf on so it sort of detracts from my hat, but you get the idea.

Saturday evening Albert invited the Browns, a new couple from church, over for dinner. I hadn't ever properly met either one so it was fun getting to know them. Albert made Dijon-crusted tilapia with home made gf bread crumbs -- one of our favorites -- with white rice and zucchini. For dessert we had flourless chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream. It was all very tasty. It's so nice having a husband who likes to cook and is good at it :D The Browns brought over a nice salad too.
It snowed all Sunday night and Monday morning and I was thrilled to see that the government had a 2 hr delay. Albert made me breakfast in bed and we took our time getting ready. At 10:30 we went out to the parking lot to drive me to work. We were parked on a slope and the parking lot was pure ice so we couldn't get the car out. I tried to push, but ended up falling and hitting my face on the car. It didn't hurt so much, but it scratched my cheek and I decided it wasn't worth it so I stayed home. It was nice. I took a long nap and ate yummy tilapia leftovers. My face is healing and you can barely notice when I put on make-up :P


Comments